Thursday, January 22, 2009

OBAMA..nia

Hi Poo,

Congratulations on Obama becoming the 44th president of the United States of America. I think it’s a cause for celebration not just in the US but the world as well, as his victory means the victory of ‘hope over fear’ as he himself says.

I think Indian Americans supported him the most than any other Asian American community – beats me why. Maybe we are more optimistic, broadminded and evolved? His winning definitely bodes well for the minorities heck everyone if you go by this (I just love that ) sentence of his ‘We’re a Nation of Christians and Muslims, Jews and Hindus – and non-believers’.

Man he’s got some way of getting to you ( or else has a bloody good speech writer). In time as the euphoria dies I hope he proves himself well beyond the tag of ‘The first black President’ so that not just America but the entire world can look past his color and appreciate his leadership qualities.

I think once I told you about a personal motto of mine ‘ Always expect the worse, only then you have a chance’. With Obama I seriously hope it isn’t true, but everyone is so hopeful and has such huge expectations from this guy – its scary.

What the Foreign Minister, France said is funny but so true ’We should not expect him to immediately solve all America’s problems, or ours..’

I think that’s what the whole world is expecting from him , some kind of magical cure. Poor guy wouldn’t want to be in his shoes. Heck he even got me talking about Politics – a subject I am abhor/ am allergic to. Now that’s magic all right.

Ok Yaar, I'll sign off now or else I can be accused of ‘Oba-mania’ , so bye and take care.
Lotsa love

No comments:

Post a Comment