Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Its 'OBA-MANIA' once again..

Maybe thats why the world is crazy about Obama. Maybe thats why his swearing in caused such brouhaha, maybe thats why I am a fledgling fan ( he even got me out of mah bed despite the fever/cold that I have)..

For which other President in the History of United states of America has said 'I SCREWED UP'.

( why such brouhaha over this new fangled President I ask you - an old relative of mine asked me - whats so great about him anyway) But it was this and no other - this new fangled wangled President Barack Obama - who admitted in a series of TV interviews he screwed up.

At CBS, Obama plainly said: 'I screwed up'. At CNN he was a little thoughtful: 'I think I screwed up, and I take responsibility for it.' And at NBC he wondered: 'Did I screw up in this situation? Absolutely. And I'm willing to take my lumps.''

Now isnt that absolutely crazy and so positively unthinkable/unexpected apology coming from the President himself. Yeah its so crazy, its almost heroic. Which other President had the guts to own up after a screw up. Which other President offered a national apology for commiting a mistake of having double standards which is the norm anyway when you are up there.

Its true that he should have known in the first place but, he was quick to own up and do something about it.

So if ordinary Americans are cut no slack if they fall behind on their taxes why should the VIP's be treated any different. Its THE message that will get across to everyone concerned that new ethical standards are being set - not just for the ordinary Junta but the VIPs as well.

But when he says '''I campaigned on changing Washington and bottom-up politics. And I don't want to send a message to the American people that there are two sets of standards: one for powerful people and one for ordinary folks who are working every day and paying
their taxes.'
'And I'm here on television saying I screwed up and that's part of the era of responsibility, is not never making mistakes; it's owning up to them and trying to make sure you never repeat them and that's what we intend to do.'

Yes tis true that one doesnt fail when falls, but its failure indeed when one doesnt get up and walk again.

So make sure everytime you fall- for there will be times oh yeah there will be times when you will/might, but make sure you get back right up everytime and walk again..We expect no less from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment