Friday, February 27, 2009

And for all ye Indians out there still claiming 'Slumdog millionaire' as an Indian film this is what Danny boyle has to say -

"I am truly happy that every Indian I meet is beaming, and it is the ultimate compliment for me that people in India see 'Slumdog Millionaire' as an Indian film. However in reality it is a British film. It is very gritty in the begining and very realistic because our film culture is based on that kind of realism which in Bollywood (ouch) and Hollywood (double ouch) isnt quite there".

6 comments:

  1. I know its a Brit filom,nevertheless I'm proud.It's a film about Indian,that makes it very Indian,partially, at the very least

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a gritty British film that showcases India in a breathtaking and captivating way -- everyone who worked on that movie, of all nationalities, should be proud! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you dear Miss_nobody, I sure am glad the 'comments' function is working now on your blog.

    Thank you so much for visiting and leaving a comment Kimber the wolfgrrrl, Yes you are right - whoever worked in that movie, irrespective of their nationalities, should be maha(very) proud. After all it bagged all those Oscars..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi budh.aaah,
    Glad to be back. Actually I was never gone...just couldn't be located or any blog updates for my readers. Thanks again. Rick

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for visiting my blog! And extra thanks for leaving a message. My friend Lorna hasn't been able to leave a message at all and I thought the function was broken. It would seem others are having problems since the upgrade too?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Rick

    Lovely lovelyprism, cant seem to connect to your blog

    ReplyDelete